Abstract submissions have now closed.
Researchers, writers and scholars at all stages of their careers are invited to submit proposals for presentations at the 18th International Medical Geography Symposium. We particularly welcome diverse approaches to conventional fields of medical and health geography and new methodological and theoretical perspectives on health and wellbeing as well as interdisciplinary insights into people/place/space relationships and the outcomes for health and wellbeing.
Links between health, wellbeing, space, and place have typically been the starting point for analysis and interpretation for health and medical geographers. Within medical and health geography, we have seen an expanding focus from core concerns with disease ecology and the spatial distribution of health services to a socially and culturally attuned sub-discipline that also highlights the importance of people/place/space relationships in the experience of health and well-being. At this conference, we acknowledge the need for interdisciplinary perspectives to help create a world with better health outcomes for current and future generations. We seek diverse contributions from across the world and new theoretical and methodological perspectives that might enlarge our world.
We welcome abstracts for papers, posters, panels, and lighting talks. Please submit a 200-word abstract of your presentation by 8 February 2019.
- Abstract submissions are open
- Please submit abstracts via the Easychair submission site
- Abstract submissions close: 8 Feb, 2019
- Earlybird registrations close: 8 Feb, 2019
- Notification of abstract results: Early March
- When submitting your abstract, please indicate your preference between the four presentation styles:
- Traditional presentations (15 mins presentation + 5 mins discussion)
- Lightning Talks (8 mins presentation + 2 mins discussion)
- Oral poster presentation (1 min presentation and interactive poster session).
- Abstracts should not exceed 200 words
- We ask that each delegate submit only one paper they will present. There are no limits on being a co-author.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the IMGS2019 Scientific Committee
- Registration and payment is required at the time of submitting your abstract. A full refund of the registration costs will only be available to individuals whose abstract has been declined and who have contacted us by 1 June, 2019 to request a refund.
- We welcome suggestions for special sessions. Please contact the IMGS committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 17th December, 2018 specifying “Suggestion for special session” as the subject of your message, and provide details about the session you propose (i.e., session title; authors and title, justification for the session etc.). The IMGS committee will send approval for special sessions by early January 2019. Authors included in the special sessions should then submit their abstract before the call for abstracts closes. The IMGS committee may supplement the session with individual submission when finalizing the programme.
- Posters should be AO size (841 x 1189 mm; 33,1 x 46,8 inches). Poster material is not provided by the IMGS 2019 organisers.
- If you need a letter of invitation for your VISA, or have any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com